America's Bride Magazine

Our virtual wedding magazine is the fastest growing magazine on the internet and look forward to bringing you the best writers and content for your wedding day.

Friday, May 06, 2005

Kanoodle Follow Up

After writing my Kanoodle post I did speak to the Vise President and he talked me into putting more money into the account and giving them a second chance. Out of respect that they did take the time to call and they said they would try to change my results I did give them that chance. I explained to him that I didnt mind paying for clicks but was responsible for getting my advertisers results. He assured me he understood my concerns and would put us in a different program. I am afraid I do not have any good news as we received the exact same results as the first time. I then started to back track all the clicks that came into our site from the referring URL's and searched Hamptons Bride Magazine, we were not found in any of the databases. I then searched keywords that I had purchased and did find our site in some of the them. This showed me these search engines were keyword based only, meaning you can only find your site under the keywords you purchase. My curiosity got the best of me so I decided to see if Kanoodle used their own PPC program. I went to all the search engines that were sending me "Zero" second clicks and searched "Kanoodle, PPC, Pay Per Click and so on. Kanoodle didn't come up in any of the search engines. Hmmmmmmm I find that a bit odd, if it was going to bring them more customers, which in return would bring them more money, why wouldn't they be in their own search network. If you look at the .pdf that I uploaded and go to the referring URL's you can do your own research and come to your own conclusions. I just want to set the record straight that I am totally for PPC programs and we get great results from Google and Yahoo.

Thanks,
John

20 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger griselda72tiana said...

damn good blog, check out mine http://juicyfruiter.blogspot.com, comments always welcome!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Brian said...

I had the exact same problem with Kanoodle traffic. I didn't see any clicks from over 900 visitors to my site.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Yossi said...

Where's the pdf file you uploaded? I'd like to read it, but can't see it on the page...

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger L said...

Brutal, to-the-point and worthy: Good work exposing PPC-model-abusing vendors -- there are plenty out there to find.

As you've noted, it's well worth the minimal premium for the reliable, professional services (like Yahoo and Google).

Keep up the good work, good luck with the mag!

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger margretmorgan0862 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Cheap Charlies Hotels said...

I am using Enhance and think that the same thing is happening to me it seems strange that Google I average close to 10% and with these guys I haven't got a single hit and when I signed up with in 10 min I had racked $8.00 at 0.03 a click!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger blaze said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Ash said...

When I used Kanoodle for a client, I wasn't much aware of click fraud but they did not get a single lead through that traffic. I only use Google Adwords for myself and they seem to be fairly good at filtering out multiple clicks. I have been documenting my experiences at http://noclickfraud.blogspot.com/

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger doer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Johnny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Brian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Johnjon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Goodman441 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Greg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Freddies Blog said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger JakePM said...

Hi -

This was a really old post (may 2005) however, I'm intersted to know if you are still having any experience with Kanooldle (now known as Pulse360)?

Please let me know b/c I am considering working with them.

Thanks,

JakePM

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger book said...

I have been using them since spring, and sometimes i get sales sometimes not. I did notice that sometimes when i spend a lot, my sales dont go up proportionately. I am certain Kanoodle has generated me some sales, but i am also pretty sure that something is not right. Last month was my last time loosing kanoodle.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Roy said...

9/25/09
Don't go there. I am still trying to work-off $1,000+ credit (from 2 years ago - they never refund money) I got from them for "questionable" clicks.

Since then, I've had to fight with them about every 4 months for the same abuse, including this date.

Think of something more productive, like floating paper boats down a river, with your name on it.

Jack

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Roy said...

This is an update to my last post. I guess I have complained once too often. As of 9/25/09 they have closed my account, with no offer to refund the $200+ still in the account or the last $260+, still in dispute in the lastest episode of questionable clicks. In the latest episode, about 10 search terms generated over 2,500 clicks in 4 days. In the same time period, those same 10 terms generated about 50 clicks on Google, Yahoo and MSN...combined.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home